Seating begins 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
When you arrive, please take a minute to check in with a member of the Cooking Studio staff.
Classes are designated Demonstration or Participation. In Demonstration classes, students observe as the instructor prepares the recipes. In Participation classes students prepare the dishes under the direction of the instructor/chef.
Equipment and an apron are provided for your use during class.
We reserve the right to cancel a class if enrollment is low or due to inclement weather. If a class is cancelled, students will be notified by phone or email.
Class fees are reimbursable up to 7 days in advance of your class. We understand that circumstances may arise that cause you to miss a class and we encourage you to send a substitute in your place. We will also gladly email the recipes from a missed class. When a refund is issued, students who paid by cash or check will receive a refund check. Those paying by credit card will be issued a credit towards their account.
- BYOB beer and wine is permitted solely at adult classes and private events (each an “Event”) for those at least 21 years of age. It is restricted solely to the Cooking Studio in designated areas, and no other area in the store. All alcohol must be removed by guests at end of class and cannot be left in the Cooking Studio.
- Guests may bring beer or wine purchased at Kings Market to a class or event, or purchased elsewhere. Spirits/hard liquor is not permitted.
- BYOB wine or beer shall only be permitted from Monday-Saturday 9:00am-10:00pm, Sunday 12:00pm-10:00pm.
- All guests will be asked for an acceptable form of ID, which includes:
- Valid New Jersey driver's license, or any state-issued driver's license
- Valid federal photo ID
- Valid official photo identification card issued by any state or the federal government
- Military ID
- BYOB shall not be permitted for any persons who appear to be or are visibly intoxicated.
- The Cooking Studio may provide glassware, corkscrews, ice buckets. There is no cover, corkage, or service charges, and associates may not accept tips. Staff is not permitted to cork, decant, etc.
- Any minors in attendance at an adult class or private event must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or be under the supervision of an adult 25 years of age or older. Minors are not permitted to carry /handle alcohol at any time while on Kings Markets premises.
- In consideration for participation in the Event, Guest agrees to the policies above and understands that Acme Markets, Inc. d/b/a Kings Food Market, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates (“Kings”) does not and will not serve on premise alcohol; and, therefore any alcohol at an Event is BYOB. Guest acknowledges and agrees he/she will not serve alcohol to anyone who is a minor, who is under the influence of alcohol prior to the Event, who is disorderly, who is addicted to the excessive use of liquor, or who will consume in any vehicle on the premises. Guest acknowledges and agrees that Kings shall not be held liable for any property damage, charges, injuries, or deaths that may occur due to Guest’s consumption or provision of alcohol during the Event and therefore Guest, for him or herself, on behalf of his/her heirs, executors, successors, personal representatives, administrators, and assigns, does hereby agree to: (A) WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE KINGS, ITS OFFICERS, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, PROMOTERS, OWNERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, CONTRACTORS, AFFILIATES, LANDLORD, AND BUSINESS PARTNERS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LIABILITY ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OR FAULT OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, IF ANY, FOR DEATH, DISABILITY, PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PROPERTY THEFT, OR ACTIONS OF ANY KIND WHICH MAY HEREAFTER OCCUR INCLUDING TRAVELING TO AND FROM THE EVENT; (B) INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES OR CLAIMS MADE AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, OR GUEST’S CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL AT THE EVENT, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES OR OTHERWISE.